The Anna’s Flowers Team makes us who we are by being who they are. Family, both immediate and extended will always be at the centre of our business and a big part of why we do what we do.
Who We Are . . .
Anna’s Flowers is home to an unbeatable selection of plants and flowers, gorgeous home and garden décor, as well as freshly-picked local produce. Also available are a number of carefully selected natural food and wellness products, essential to any healthy lifestyle. Family is at the centre of our business, and our customers are an extension of our family. We strive to provide an experience like no other and to inspire our customers to live a beautiful and healthy lifestyle; both in and outside of the home.
We Offer . . .
- The opportunity to interact with customers every day
- Paid training: earn while you learn
- A Team environment in a growing business
Sales & Customer Service Associate
The Opportunity . . .
We are recruiting Sales & Customer Service Associates who will provide exceptional customer service and salesmanship for our giftware, local foods, as well as, provide some general plant care assistance.
To Be Successful, You Must . . .
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of retail experience. Experience in a garden centre is considered an asset.
- Thrive in a busy atmosphere and be equipped to handle large crowds.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude; be highly motivated and results-driven.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Have strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Be a Team player, have the ability to adapt, and have a customer-first mindset.
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of our business, you will be required to work weekends and some holidays during the busy seasons.
Blogger: Content Developer
Overview . . .
As the Blogger: Content Developer you will generate original, engaging, and thoughtful content that aligns with the core values of Anna’s in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. Assisting the Marketing team in curating a beautiful lifestyle brand that aligns with the interests and topics of our current and evolving target audience.
Anna’s mission is to inspire others to live a beautiful and healthy life, both inside and outside of their home.
Key Accountabilities . . .
- Uphold Anna’s mission, vision and values.
- Generate, research, and pitch content ideas.
- Create and execute an editorial calendar (quarterly) – with Anna’s Marketing team.
- Write effective copy, photograph captivating lifestyle images/video, edit copy/images, and produce finalized compelling content to promote Customer loyalty and engagement that aligns with the Anna’s brand.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization keywords within copy to maximize site traffic.
- Stay current on industry trends/themes for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing team to plan and execute weekly blog, newsletter and social media content.
- Quarterly communications and accountability check-ins with the Marketing team – review and report on past quarter and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Monthly meeting on themes and projected content vision.
- Contribute to the overall success of Anna’s by assisting/supporting the Marketing department as needed and by exhibiting an upbeat attitude, cooperative behaviour and positive work habits.
- Propose ideas and concepts for Anna’s content and present underlying strategic thinking to the Marketing team.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies . . .
• Highly creative, imaginative, decisive and adaptable.
• Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
• Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and clear direction.
• Takes personal responsibility for seeing efforts through to completion.
• Confident in capturing and editing lifestyle photography.
• Work well independently and as apart of a collaborative team.
• Self-starter, motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Eager to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Interest in trends and popular culture.
• Ability to consider other people’s points of view and take feedback constructively and apply them to finalized
• Ability to develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice.
Education, Experience & Language . . .
• Degree/Diploma in English/Communications/Marketing or related field considered an asset
• Writing/blogging and photography experience is required.
• Video production experience considered an asset.
• Proficiency with computers/technology: Adobe Suite or photo editing software, MS Office, and Search
• Experience or familiarity with Retail/Gardening/Interior design/Wellness topics considered an asset.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
• General knowledge of WordPress considered an asset.
• Language: advanced English (written and oral)
Working Conditions & Environment . . .
• Part-time/Remote work with the ability to travel to Kingsville (own expense). 40 – 50 hours a month.
• Ability to work in a warm, humid, non-air-conditioned environment (Greenhouses): Photoshoots, walkthroughs
for planning etc.