The Anna’s Flowers Team makes us who we are by being who they are. Family, both immediate and extended will always be at the centre of our business and a big part of why we do what we do.
Who We Are . . .
Anna’s Flowers is home to an unbeatable selection of plants and flowers, gorgeous home and garden décor, as well as freshly-picked local produce. Also available are a number of carefully selected natural food and wellness products, essential to any healthy lifestyle. Family is at the centre of our business, and our customers are an extension of our family. We strive to provide an experience like no other and to inspire our customers to live a beautiful and healthy lifestyle; both in and outside of the home.
We Offer . . .
- The opportunity to interact with customers every day
- Paid training: earn while you learn
- A Team environment in a growing business
Sales & Customer Service Associate
The Opportunity . . .
We are recruiting Sales & Customer Service Associates who will provide exceptional customer service and salesmanship for our giftware, local foods, as well as, provide some general plant care assistance.
To Be Successful, You Must . . .
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of retail experience. Experience in a garden centre is considered an asset.
- Thrive in a busy atmosphere and be equipped to handle large crowds.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude; be highly motivated and results-driven.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Have strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Be a Team player, have the ability to adapt, and have a customer-first mindset.
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of our business, you will be required to work weekends and some holidays during the busy seasons.
Marketing & Design Specialist
Overview . . .
As the Marketing and Design Specialist, you will develop, implement and execute meaningful and strategic marketing initiatives through photos/graphics/videos and social media efforts. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, you will continue to maintain the Anna’s lifestyle brand approach, ensuring that all assets and materials align with the core values and target demographic of Anna’s customers- both current and potential.
Anna’s mission is to inspire others to live a beautiful and healthy life, both inside and outside of their home.
Key Accountabilities. . .
- Uphold Anna’s mission, vision and values.
- Assist in creating and executing a strategic marketing content calendar – with Anna’s Marketing team.
- Contribute to marketing strategy and execution through ideation and content creation including:
- Advertisements: Design and execute print and digital advertisements.
- Branded Content: Design and print store signage, sale graphics, stationery items (bags, business cards, uniform, gift cards, etc.), Brainstorm and suggest effective collateral for brand exposure.
- Newsletter Content: Take/Edit photos and videos and create graphics to correspond with blog posts, workshops, sales and in-store events.
- Social Media: Write effective copy, photograph captivating lifestyle images/video, edit copy/images, and produce finalized compelling content to promote Customer loyalty and engagement that aligns with the Anna’s brand. Maintain and manage Anna’s Instagram and YouTube account: Interacting with comments/followers and planning/scheduling content. Interact with Anna’s team members about events, sales, advertisements and workshops on Anna’s team Facebook page. Upload photos and illustrated graphics to Facebook.
- Website: Take/Edit photos and videos and create graphics to correspond with blog posts, workshops, sales and in-store events.
- Events: Assist in planning and organizing promotional store events and sales. Assist in vendor outreach. Design and post/print store signage, invitations, posters (pre-event, day of the event). Promote the event via social media platforms (posts/stories/ads), Photography/Video footage and compilation of major events.
- Create and maintain a strong and consistent brand identity which resonates with the Anna’s customer base-
both current and future.
- Maintain an accurate and current library of Anna’s brand assets.
- Develop and maintain growth on social media while continuing to nurture online relationships.
- Convert followers to in-store customers.
- Traffic images/advertisements/signs/etc. to internal and external departments/parties in a timely manner
- Write effective copy, take and edit captivating images and video, and create a compelling story to promote customer loyalty and engagement.
- Curate a lifestyle approach that is desirable and achievable by Anna’s customers.
- Stay current on industry technology/platforms/trends/themes for possible opportunities to attract new readers and create stronger, more engaging content.
- Contribute to the overall success of Anna’s by assisting/supporting the Marketing department and other departments as needed and by exhibiting an upbeat attitude, cooperative behaviour and positive work habits.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies. . .
- Highly creative, imaginative, decisive and adaptable.
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects/Premiere.
- Solid creative portfolio of design work or campaign concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient at taking and editing photos and video – DSLR experience.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Solid understanding of traditional and digital media marketing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including running paid ads/promotions.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and clear direction.
- Takes personal responsibility for seeing efforts through to completion.
- Exceptional influencer, collaborator and storyteller.
- High-level attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-starter, motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to consider other people’s points of view and take feedback constructively and apply to finalized content.
Education, Experience & Languages. . .
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design/Marketing/Advertising required.
- 2+ years in a graphic designer/marketing role considered an asset.
- Experience in print production considered an asset.
- Experience in social media marketing/management considered an asset (ad buying/content planning).
- Experience or familiarity with Retail/Gardening/Interior design/Wellness topics considered an asset.
- General knowledge of WordPress considered an asset.
- Language: Advanced English -written and verbal
Working Conditions & Environment . .
- This is a full-time hourly position.
- Ability to work flexible work hours and occasional weekends (for in-store events).
- Willing to travel on occasion for trade shows, conferences, and workshops.
- Possess necessary social customer service techniques; empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, small-business environment-open to wearing many hats.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, and adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.