Taking the time to choose the perfect flowers and shrubs for a landscape is definitely what we all look forward to, come Spring and Summer, however, we wouldn’t have the ideal garden results we hoped for if it wasn’t for the soil, we surrounded our plants with.
Soil provides a base for the roots of the plants to hold on to as they grow bigger, and it provides them with the water and nutrients they need to be healthy. That is why here at Anna’s we wanted to make sure we supplied you with high-quality products that will set up your garden for success.
Lambert Peat Moss is a Canadian Company based out of Rivière-Ouelle, Québec, that has been specializing in soil and compost since 1928. Taking great pride in evaluating their various peat bogs and identifying the best quality of peat that is required by each market segment, horticulture, agriculture, environment and leisure – their peats are evaluated by the colour and particle of the peat.
What is a peat bog? It is a type of wetland whose soft and spongy ground is composed mainly of living and decaying sphagnum moss- decayed, compacted moss is known as peat, which is harvested to use for fuel or as a soil additive.
Here at Anna’s, we offer a wide assortment of soil and compost mixes based on your planting needs:
- Lambert All Purpose Potting Mix: the ideal soil for your indoor and outdoor growing needs. It is very suitable for use in various types and sizes of containers, containing Canadian sphagnum peat moss, horticultural perlite, dolomitic limestone and calcitic limestone.
- Lambert Organic Black Earth: recommended for building or creating flower beds and vegetable gardens, it contains Canadian sphagnum peat moss, calcitic limestone, and dolomitic limestone.
- Lambert Shrimp and Peat Moss Compost: recommended for building or creating flower beds and vegetable gardens. This mix is made of rich organic matter including Canadian sphagnum peat moss, compost, shrimp meal, calcitic limestone, and dolomitic limestone.
- Seed and Cutting Mix: plays a big part in successfully completing the process of germination. This formula works very well in anchoring unrooted cutting, surrounding the stem with a substrate that also provides moisture and encourages root formation; containing Canadian sphagnum peat moss, horticultural perlite, dolomitic limestone and calcitic limestone.
- Sphagnum Moss: formulated for the lining of wireframes and hanging baskets or for air layering. Composed of 100% Canadian sphagnum moss.
- Topsoil: Ideal for lawn maintenance, flower beds and gardens, it is composed of Canadian sphagnum peat moss, calcite limestone and dolomitic limestone.