If you were to open up your bathroom cabinet or toiletry bag and evaluate the products you incorporate into your daily routine – much like you do with the food you choose to consume, do you think you would like what you find? Or is there some room for improvement?
As we navigate through life, we tend to make our buying decisions based on those who came before us, meaning we choose to incorporate brands and products into our lives that perhaps our parents used or close friends suggested down the line. So this week we want to challenge you to peel back that label, turn around that bottle, and do a little online search of some of the ingredients that you’re applying to your skin on a daily basis; some of the results might be frightening, and you might discover that you’ve been potentially causing long-term damage to your body. However, it’s not too late to make some changes!
Let’s talk about what you’re applying to your underarms, especially with this record-breaking heat we’ve been experiencing this summer. Meet Rinse deOdor Stick – a 100% all-Natural deodorant that is metal and paraben-free and made with ingredients that you could eat! Guaranteed to not block your pores like the tried and true antiperspirants we were raised to love, this deodorant will allow the good bacteria on your skin to keep working while reducing any odour. So yes, you will still be sweating but we need to understand and make sweating normal again because perspiration is good! This is the body’s way of getting rid of toxins and regulating body temperature- sweat is a sign of a healthy balanced body!
Natural Deodorants with safe ingredients, like Rinse deOdor Stick, are created to neutralize odour that is caused by your sweat interacting with any bacteria under your arms. Dealing with your sweat instead of stopping it completely by clogging the pores actually has a few perks- one of them being that most natural deodorants contain plant-based moisturizers; which actually help improve the condition of your pits, leaving them smooth and less prone to irritation- resulting in a closer and longer-lasting shave! Plus with trials and research Rinse has found that after switching to a natural deodorant you may find that you even sweat less because your body isn’t fighting to push out the toxins.
However, making the switch to a natural deodorant can take some time, and that is why Rinse has put together four great tips for a successful switch when transitioning to natural deodorant.
- It will take your body about 2 weeks to figure out that you’re using a natural deodorant and that it can do what it needs to do, how it needs to do it.
- In those 2 weeks, we recommend that you keep your deOdor Stick with you and reapply midday if you feel the need. No need to worry, the deOdor Stick will take care of the stink.
- Just because it is natural doesn’t mean you need a ton more. Be sure to evenly apply the deOdor Stick to cover all the surface area under the arm – but don’t gunk it on.
- Ever tried a natural deodorant and it caused irritation or redness under the arm? Chances are the formula was heavily dependent on baking soda, which is known to throw off the PH of your skin. Luckily, deOdor Stick doesn’t heavily rely on baking soda so most people have no issues. In the off chance that you do- you can easily rebalance your PH with a spritz of Apple Cider Vinegar (mixed with water) under each arm. Remember that everyone’s body is different and what may work for one person, might not work for another!
Now that we have you convinced on trying the Natural route, its time to choose a scent -the fun part! Choose from the following available scents at Anna’s Garden Home & Wellness:
- Original: A blend of 100% natural essential oils of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint.
- Lemongrass Bergamot: A blend of 100% natural essential oils of Lemongrass & Bergamot.
- Rugged: A clean, fresh scent that isn’t delicate at all. Made for him, but great for her, too.
- Rosemary Mint: A blend of 100% natural essential oils of Rosemary & Peppermint.